I admire this guy and take an interest in what he does. I do believe a problem arises with the constant reference point of the blues. I find no other way of saying it, but that he has not succeeded in drawing out - eliciting - the darker males, compared with the least tanned. The lighting and the hues enormously favour the palest, as in the tanlined boy in the 2nd stanza, who is submerged below the waist (one of the most evocative portraits of youth he has ever created). I'm as sensitive as the next man to "erotic contrast," but this palette is not an equal opportunity context.
4 Kommentare:
beautiful :-)
I like!
I like!
I admire this guy and take an interest in what he does. I do believe a problem arises with the constant reference point of the blues. I find no other way of saying it, but that he has not succeeded in drawing out - eliciting - the darker males, compared with the least tanned. The lighting and the hues enormously favour the palest, as in the tanlined boy in the 2nd stanza, who is submerged below the waist (one of the most evocative portraits of youth he has ever created). I'm as sensitive as the next man to "erotic contrast," but this palette is not an equal opportunity context.
I thank you very gratefully for this posting.
Kommentar veröffentlichen